Whether you are the owner of a small to mid-size business, or the person charged with completing the relocation of a corporate office, you will need to research commercial moving companies when it comes time to move to a new location. Many moving companies focus on relocating households, and may not be equipped to handle your relocation needs – so it is best to ask about their capabilities up-front.
Depending on your needs, be sure to confirm their capabilities:
- Able to move office furniture and filing cabinets
- Capable of moving fine art and sculptures from entry / waiting areas
- Know how to move computers and office electronics
- Staff is trained to take apart and re-assemble modular office furniture
- Understand requirements for moving medical equipment and laboratory items
- Have the equipment and trailers to move large industrial equipment
- Have experience with moving inventory from warehouse facilities
Due to the amount you have invested in your business, and the need to keep downtime at a minimum, it is important that you ensure you are dealing with a reputable commercial moving company. Consult with your business peers or professionals in your networking groups regarding their experiences with moving companies. Also ask potential providers for business references. As a business professional you understand the importance of acting professional. A good rule of thumb is to limit potential providers to companies that share your level of professionalism and business etiquette.