The time has come to relocate your household and you have decided to hire professionals to assist with the task of moving your things. While we are all concerned about keeping moving costs low, you want to make sure that you use household movers that are also experienced and reputable. Most of us know of someone who has had a less-than-ideal experience with household moving companies. People are human, and accidents happen; but taking extra precautions during the selection process can help limit the potential for unpleasant surprises during the move process.
Household Moving Professionalism
- Verify applicable licensing with the state or federal government
- Ask for referrals or try to find independent customer reviews
- Find out how long they have been in the moving and storage business
- Ask about their participation in trade/business associations
- Are you being treated well by the staff on the phone & in-person?